Here I am, adding recipes or our takes on some food recipes, why not right? Since hubby and I love foods, we agreed to give you some of our recipes. Since we are in the UAE, we decided to have our own versions of the famous Filipino foods. Being away from our home country which is the Philippines, we usually craved for some home made dishes. Who doesn’t love to eat Filipino meals right?
Beef Caldereta since pork is only available on selected groceries here in the UAE. We also twisted the usual caldereta/ kaldereta (whatever you wanted to use) since we have a leftover of meatloaf so we added it. Beef Caldereta is also called as Beef Stew in English.
Preparation: 15-20 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
1 pack of Beef Slices
2 pieces of beef hot dog – Tender Juicy (cut into small pieces)
3 pieces of cooked meatloaf (cut it into small pieces)
1 can of green peas (any brand can do)
2 pieces of carrots – sliced it into cubes
1 big yellow bell pepper – sliced it into cubes
1 big potato – sliced it into cubes
1 pack of Mamasita’s Caldereta Sauce
1. Put the pan over medium heat and wait until it will be heated.
2. Put a small amount of oil.
3. Saute onion and garlic.
4. Saute the beef and hot dogs together and until it will be cooked.
5. Put 1 cup (depends on you) of water and bring it to a boil.
6. Pour the 1 packet of Mamasita’s Caldereta Sauce together with the potatoes, and carrots. Stir it properly to mix the ingredients well.
7. Let it simmer for 5 minutes.
8. Add the bell pepper. Season it with salt and pepper.
9. Add the meatloaf and stir it.
10. Let it stand on a medium heat for another 5 minutes and check if the consistency is already okay with you.
1. According to Anthony Bourdain, always rub the meat with salt.
2. We bought a nice beef, no need to boil. It depends on what part of beef you will use.
3. Always cook the carrots and potatoes first, so that it will be cooked properly.
Serve while it is still hot. Enjoy!